I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend, or long weekend if you live in Canada. I was lucky enough to spend the weekend on beautiful Lake Huron visiting one of my fabulous bridesmaids Candis and her beautiful 7 month old baby girl. Dan was away in Algonquin Park.
Candis and I took full advantage of our time together. I was ecstatic to have a nice relaxing girl’s weekend while Dan was away, especially since the next month and a half is going to be insanely busy with the move and of course wedding planning. It has been difficult to squeeze in as many workouts as I would like with life getting so hectic, so I am really making sure I am watching my diet since I have been taking extras days off the gym. We bbq’d our meals all weekend, I love bbqing my food, I have definitely missed doing that in the condo so I am really looking forward to being able to bbq all summer.
Some other good news we recieved this week was that not only are we officially home owners, but my condo has officially sold firm! We have been waiting over a week for it to firm up so I a definitely relived about that. July 5th is our official move in date! Yahoo hooo!
Now for some good news for all of YOU! I have an awesome giveway for you all! I was supposed to get this one up and running in April for my birthday but I just didn't have time, then we had our Epic Canadian Giveaway. So what better way to end the month of May than with an opportunity to win some kick a$$ workout gear???
The lovely Iiona from Strong Confident YOU was nice enough to send me one of her long sleeve hoodies back in March. This was perfect for spring running. Since the shirt she sent me was a burnout style shirt it was light and airy and breathable, but I was still able to keep warm because of the long sleeves.
Iiona's shop Strong Confident YOU can be found on Etsy, click HERE to check out all of her fun and inspiring clothes. Since Iiona's designs inspire me, I wanted to find out what inspired her to start a fitness clothing line so we did a little Q & A.
Below are pics of the awesome shirt I received! Loved wearing running!
1. How long have you owned your business? I opened SCY in the fall of last year when it was just a tiny little shop where I sold a few tanks here and there. After closing my shop for a major overhaul in December, I reopened end of January 2013 and what was a little shop just a few months ago, has now grown into a full time job thanks to my amazing customers!
2. What was your ultimate goal when you decided to open your business and has that goal changed? The goal is the same as when I opened, I want to make exercise apparel that inspires people to reach their fitness goals and that makes them a little happier every time they wear one of my comfy shirts.
4. What percentage of your customers come from your local community?
My very first customer was from Australia and I love that SCY is spreading all over the word, one tiny bit at a time. Currently I sell my products all over the US, Canada as well as numerous other countries. One could say that SCY is becoming it's own community of shoppers from all over the world =)
5. What community events or charities to you support or sponsor?Honestly, there are too many to count. I have requests almost every single day to sponsor products for silent auctions and charity events and I love helping out whenever possible. Most recently, I designed tanks to contribute my share to the Boston One Fund, a fund helping out the victims of the terrible Boston Marathon Bombings. All profits from these tanks go to charity.
6. What was the inspiration for opening your business?
All the women in my family are entrepreneurs so I guess that gene has always been in me. I love creating pretty things and if they have a positive effect on people, all the better! My inspiration came from my mom who was starting her weight loss journey and I wanted to make a customized shirt for her to wear when she exercises. One shirt turned into many more and here we are, one year later =)
Iiona has been nice enough to offer to giveaway one tank top of your choice to one lucky Push.Pump.Progress winner! Check out rafflecopter below and find out how to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway Pin It Now!