My boyfriends family has this great Thanksgiving tradition, they go around the table and say what they are thankful for (this didn't happen this year since there were about 45 people at dinner and it would have taken 20 minutes to get through everyone), so this year Danny had the brilliant idea to start the tradition with my family! I kept it short and only mentioned a couple of things I am thankful for, so I thought I would start this post by listing 5 things that I am currently very thankful for:
1. I am thankful my family members are all happy and healthy
2. I am thankful that my friend had a healthy (premature) baby girl Sunday morning. Welcome to the world Breanna Erin 4 lbs 6ounces!
3. I am thankful to have such a loving boyfriend (even when he drives me crazy)
4. I am thankful that I live in such a amazing country, I am always in awe of its beauty. (check out the pics below)
5. I am thankful for the ability to run! And I hope to continue raising money for cancer research through running.
I took full advantage of the nice weather this weekend took a few pics up at the cottage, I absolutely love this time of year!
|The Leaves Changing Colours!|
|Stopping to take a pic on our trail run!|
I will be stepping up my running over the next few weeks because on October 27th I am running the Toronto Women's 8km with my new race buddy Sarah! This is a run specifically for women and they have firefighters handing out water at the water stations AND you get chocolate at the finish line! Now that is my kind of race! I really want to do well at this race since my 10km race last month was so slow.
On a completely unrelated note have I mentioned that I am SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN?! It is literally my favourite day the year. I started costume shopping last week (which is late for me, I usually start making my costume in early September), and Danny and I have come up with a great costume idea (which will remain top secret!). Last year I won best costume, so I have to make to sure I really step it up this year to make sure I don't lose my title lol. Last year I went as She-ra Princess of Power!
|My handmade She-ra Costume!|
1. Tell me 5 things you are thankful for right now
2. Do you dress up for Halloween?? What is the best costume you have ever made?
Pin It Now!